Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A glimp of the past

I know that right now I should be ranting and raving about the election results, but I just can't. My mom gave me the most wonderful gift last night: the diary my birth-mother kept while she was pregnant with me.
It was the most amazing thing to read. It started on February 17th, 1985, the day she found out she was pregnant, and she was so excited. As I kept reading, the love for me and the struggle of the decision she made were clearly made; she did not casually decide that she was going to place me for adoption. On the first page she said that she always wanted a child.
In my reading, some of the similarity were kind of shocking: her and my favorite season is fall, We both love to swim, we both sing and play guitar, both love to read, and both feel the fulfillment of helping those in need (she was a nurse, and I have had some training to be one). I think the eeriest thing I read was, she played Sarah McLaughlin to me when she was pregnant and Sarah McLaughlin is my favorite singer.
I felt so bad for the woman when I read that I was two weeks late! Now that I'm at the end of my pregnancy, I know just how miserable she must have been! Sorry Mother!
It was the most beautiful, wonderful gift that I could ever receive or that she could ever give to my family and myself. She really did love me, and to love someone that much to let them go... that has to be the hardest thing in the world.
My mother is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment