Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Close, but not close enough

Well, I'm technically in early labor. At the birthing class, we were taught to go to the hospital when the contractions are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each, for at least one hour. I'm having 1 minute contraction about 3;3.5 minutes apart... for the last three days.
There the right time apart, but they aren't strong enough to do much cervical change. We went to the hospital Sunday morning and they said that they could have kept me, but I would be more comfortable at home.
My grammy (a retired doctor) has been checking me out pretty much once a day and I'm at a good 3cm, but it's just progressing really slow.
I'm pretty tired of this at this moment. It's hard to get around and do the things I need or would like to do. walking is good to get things rolling, but it hasn't work for me yet. Nate and I will power waddle the mall once or twice and they start to hurt, gut then I'm too tired to keep walking (it's hard caring 20-30 pounds in just your belly!). After we get home, I try to take a warm shower to increase oxytocin, but that hasn't worked too well yet.
Apparently, when I am in "true labor", I won't be able to handle the contractions, they say. The problem, I'm pretty good with pain. I survived dislocating my knee six times before having the corrective surgery and a year with an inflamed gallbladder and stones before having it out, both without post-op pain medication (stupid pharmacist tried to give me vicodin, which can kill me). So if I do go into "true labor", I'm not sure that I'll be able to tell because of the high pain tolerents.
I was barely able to walk the dogs today with all of the pelvic pressure, I can't stay at home by myself because of a doting husband and overprotective mother to finish the
"nesting process", there's nothing anyone can do to make me comfortable, and it's still technically too early for the doctors to move this along! I mean, I'm due tomorrow and they won't do anything still! And to top it off, today's 7th Heaven was the one when Lucy went into labor! Just rub it in my face, why don't you universe?
I just want to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment