Tuesday, May 13, 2008

*this title left blank intentionally*

Yeah, it’s one of those days.
My In-Laws are in town. Have been since Friday. Now don’t get me wrong, I love them very much, it’s just I’m tired and need to stop coughing.
The In-Laws are putting in new windows in the baby room, so that means a TON of dust. I’m really, really allergic to dust and have been fighting headaches, clogged sinuses, sneezing and coughing up a lung. It’s not pretty. I’ve been coughing so hard, it’s induced vomiting on more than one occasion.
It’s so bad I couldn’t go to work today. So I’m at my parent’s house, where it’s quieter and much less dusty.
The really nice thing is my MIL cleaned the whole kitchen. And I mean cleaned, like getting down on her hands and knees cleaned. You have no idea how thankful I am to her. The nasty smell in there is gone 100%. I was able to bake bread on Sunday! Thank you so much MIL! I love you!
(I really need to see a doctor. I think this cough is more than just allergies. I use to get really bad bronchitis in high school and it kind of feels like that.)

On a much better note, Thursday was so awesome! I went to the OBs office and there my hubby and I heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. It was one of the most magical and happiest days in our lives. Once the med-student found it on the Doppler, a wave of relief flooded over me.
There’s a condition called pseudocyesis where for mental and physical reasons, your body acts pregnant when you’re really not. It’s really a mental condition, and seeing that I have quite a few of those already, it was a fear in the back of my mind.
That heartbeat was just the thing I needed to know that it’s real. And when I looked over to Hubby, he had just the proudest look on his face. He even started crying when I called my mom to tell her (but he’ll never admit it).

So, here’s to Mothers and Mothers-To-Be everywhere; Happy Belated Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment