Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sometimes, I just don't understand God...

I have lived my entire life reading, studying and being taught the Bible and God. How God created the heavens and the earth and all living things; that God is love; That God sent Christ, his only Son, to die a humiliating, painful death so that we may be saved. And as much as I'd like to say that I understand and 'get' God, I don't.

A wonderful lady who's blog I follow and occasionally communicate with has a son, Stellan, who is right around my little Sean's age. Stellan has Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) which causes his heart to beet dangerously fast. Stellan in in the hospital tonight literally fighting for his life. Today his heart was racing at 224 beats per minute. Around 20 minutes ago, Stellan's blood pressure was at a dangerous 57/32. Anyone reading this, please pray for Stellan, his parents and three older siblings.

But like I said, I just don't get God. Both she and I did everything 'right' during our pregnancies. This was her fourth baby, and everything was suppose to go wonderfully. I just don't understand why my baby turned out to be the closest thing to perfect a baby can get and her baby is seriously sick! How does God choose who lives or dies or who is healthy or who suffers? I would just love to get the slightest glimpse of Gods ever present, omnipotent mind; I would just love to know that Stellan will be all right and that his mom would post on twitter that Stellan is cured and I wouldn't have to hit refresh every 60 seconds to see if there is any improvement and just know that Stellan is okay.
The only comfort that I can find is that everything is in Gods hands and that His plans are for hope and prosper. But my heart is still breaking for this mother! All that I can do is pray, so pray I will.

UPDATE:
Stellan is not doing well at all. Instead of me posting what is happening, as I don't know the story in it's entirety, pleas check out MckMama's blog or on Twitter.
Please, continue to pray.

1 comment:

  1. thanks, i appreciated finding your blog while looking up some thoughts regarding God loving His Son if He sent Him to die - somehow i found this blog and appreciated your honesty
    i don't always 'get' God either - yet i want to trust Him fully

    ReplyDelete